Related Terms of Gas Detector
1.Standard Gas: gases with known concentration,accuracy and composition.
2. Zero Gas (Fresh Air): pure air or nitrogen which is not containing measured gas or other interfering gas.
3.Explosive Range: the range of concentrations resulting from an explosion caused by ignition in the mixture gas of combustible gas and air.
4. Lower Explosive Limit (LEL): the lowest concentration resulting from an explosion caused by ignition in the mixture gas of combustible gas and air.
5. Upper Explosive Limit (UEL): the highest concentration resulting from an explosion caused by ignition in the mixture gas of combustible gas and air.
6. Maximum Allowable Concentration (MAC) :maximum allowable concentration of toxic gas in the air of the workplace.
7. Short Term Exposure Limit (STEL): A highest concentration of harmful substance that will not affect worker’s health,even if they are exposed to harmful substance for 15 minutes.
8.Time Weighted Average( TWA): A weighted average concentraion of harmful substance that will not affect worker’s health,even they repeatedly exposed to harmful substances 8 hours a day.
9. Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health Concentration(IDLH):A concentration that can cause fatal or permanent damage of health or an immediate loss of ability to escape.
Measurement Units of Common Gas Detection
1.molar volume of gas:symbol Vm, is the volume occupied by one mole of a substance at a given temperature and pressure,and it has two units:L/mol or m3/mol.
The volume of any gas occupies one mole in the standard condition(0℃，101KP).
2、Vol%：concentration volume ratio of mixture gas
3、%LEL： percentage of lower explosive limit for combustible gases.
4、ppm：parts per million
5、ppb：parts per billion
Conversion of Gas Measurement Units
1.conversion of VOL% and %LEL
Formula:%LEL=(V÷LV)×100 / Vol%=(L×LV) ÷100
V: known concentration volume ratio of combustible gas,%VOL
LV:corresponding concentration volume ratio of 100%LEL combustible gas,%VOL
L:know lower explosive limit of combustible gas.%LEL
2.conversion of %LEL and ppm
Formula: ppm =(L×LV)×100 / ％LEL=PM ÷(LV×100)
PM:know gas concentration,ppm；
L：know lower explosive limit of combustible gas.%LEL；
LV：corresponding concentration volume ratio of 100%LEL combustible gas,%VOL
3.conversion of mg/m3 and ppm
Formula:ppm=(22.4×MG) ÷formula weight / mg/m3=0.041×PM×formula weight
MG：known mass of gas；
mg/m3：formula weight—— molar mass of known gas，g/mol。
Korno is specializing in manufacturing gas detector, gas alarm, gas analyzer, dust particle counter, and flue gas pretreatment system. As a high-tech company integrating design, manufacturing, sales and service, Korno is committed to becoming the most professional environmental testing equipment and high-end sensor and system solution provider at home and abroad.
TEL：+86 0755 86110165
FAX：+86 0755 27225732 Email：email@example.com
VIP PHONE LINE：+86 150 140 56865 （Janet Mark）
Address： 2nd Floor,Innovation Building,Qixing Creative Industrial Park,Baotian 1st Road,Xixiang Town,Bao an District,Shenzhen City,Guangdong Province,China
Scan the QR code to follow